Editor’s note: This creatively seemed on Analyse Asia, a weekly podcast hosted by Bernard Leong, dedicated to dissecting a beat of business, technology, and media in Asia. The podcast facilities guest from Asia’s colourful tech community.
Ben Bajarin from Creative Strategies Techpinions assimilated us in a dual partial review on post-Google I/O Apple WWDC 2017 and a impact on Asia. In a initial part, we discussed a vital announcements outset from Google I/O 2017 with a concentration on synthetic comprehension (AI) and protracted / practical existence (AR/VR), a tragedy rising between a Asian OEMs with Google on a Android fragmentation and developer rendezvous either Andy Rudin’s new gig with a Essential phone be acquired by one of a vital Asian OEMs.
Here are a engaging uncover records and links to a contention (with timestamps included):
- Ben Bajarin (@benbajarin, LinkedIn, Techpinions profile) from Creative Strategies and Techpinions. [0:44]
- What have we been adult to given we final spoke? [1:04]
- Google I/O 2017 [2:03]
- What are a key announcements from Google I/O this year? [2:25]
- Android has reached 2B monthly active inclination this year, and where is a expansion event for Android and given their fragmentation, how are they going to monetize given that many Android OEMs don’t make a lot of increase as compared to Samsung in a rising markets? [5:56]
- Any possibility of another mobile OS competence uncover adult if Google continues not to concentration on Android relocating forward? [10:06]
- In Google I/O 2017, a Google Assistant will come to iOS, does that meant that their plan is still to discharge their use opposite all platforms, and will we see a conditions where Google competence find a approach into other platforms, for example, Amazon Echo? [12:20]
- The many engaging proclamation to a rising markets is Google Go, that they are targeting a subsequent billion. Given that they are not successful with Android One in a years before, will they be means to dig into a rising market? [15:10]
- One engaging contention is on Google’s new AI chip famous as Tensor Processing Unit (TPU) and given your seductiveness in semiconductors, can we plead because Google build a new AI chip and how they will use this AI chip into their subsequent stage? [16:52]
- Recently, Andy Rudin, a creator of Android combined a Essential phone using on Android and announced a Ambient OS that focused on IoT and AI in Recode, where do we see a reward android device marketplace will go and will Andy Rudin’s association eventually be acquired by one of a Asian OEMs or Chinese companies? [19:30]
- What’s Google AR and VR roadmap streamer in 2017? [25:15]
Editor’s note: We knowledge some recording problems entrance from Skype newly not only for this one, hence if a peculiarity is not so good, a apologies in advance.
TechNode does not indispensably validate a explanation done in this program.