There isn’t most we haven’t seen of a arriving Pixel 3 XL during this point.
We already have what seems to be an unboxing here.
Assuming the spate of videos are legit, here’s a relapse of a stream Pixel 2 XL vs. a soon-to-be-released Pixel 3 XL — including an refurbish to a gibberish about a latter’s “gigantic” display.
Front — camera nick vs. bezels:
- Pixel 3 XL*: a tip notch — narrower though taller than a iPhone X’s nick — houses two camera lenses and presumably one of a speakers. The twin cameras are for softened selfies and they also move an softened mural mode. Bloomberg was one of a initial to report on a dual-lens front shooter.
- Pixel 2 XL: no notch, has slim bezels during tip and bottom. The tip bezel binds a camera and sensors and one of a speakers while a bottom bezel binds a other speaker.
- Cutout critics: Some have called a nick “lazy and stupid” and others, formed on leaked photos, contend a front of a 3 XL has a “comically enormous nick and chin” (Though it’s indeed not that bad per this video.)
Display — size TBD:
- Pixel 3 XL: responding to my query on Friday, we was told by Russia-based Rozetked that 3 XL’s arrangement is about 6.2 inches. It’s value observant that a humongous (6.7-inch) arrangement is not decorated in the images on mobile-review.com, that compares it with the Huawei P20 Pro and Samsung Galaxy Note 9. The beast arrangement reports** began when a Ukrainian YouTuber posted a video (courtesy of Android Police) regulating the Antutu app showing a 6.7-inch display.
- Pixel 2 XL: 6-inch display. I’ve been regulating a Pixel 2 XL for a final 8 months and a 6-incher creates for an already large phone. A 6.2 in. arrangement seems like a reasonable bump-up and is a closer compare to new videos and images.
- Pixel 3 XL: on board
- Pixel 2 XL: N/A
- Pixel 3 XL: during tip in notch, bottom on chin.
- Pixel 2 XL: Stereo speakers on tip and bottom bezels.
Rear Camera: singular lens
- Both a Pixel 3 XL and Pixel 3 will have “upgraded, single-lens cameras on a back,” according to Bloomberg. Apple uses twin cameras but, so far, Google has achieved conspicuous picture peculiarity regulating a singular lens with program optimizations, as Bloomberg points out. See Pixel 3 XL print samples here, pleasantness of Rozetked.
- Pixel 2 XL: dual-pixel autofocus, 12.2 MP, f/1.8 aperture.
Processor: next-gen Qualcomm
- The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL should get silicon like Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor, according to MySmartPrice.
- Pixel 2 XL: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835.
Back fingerprint ID: not going away
- Pixel 3 XL: behind fingerprint ID. Note: a rear-positioned fingerprint sensor is not any slower (and might be faster in many cases) than a Face ID on an iPhone X — even with “Raise to Wake” and “Tap to Wake” enabled on a X.
- Pixel 2 XL: behind sensor.
Fixes: OLED gen 3
- We should see an softened OLED arrangement on a Pixel 3 XL. So it’s reasonable to design that Google will residence a extreme off-angle blue change (tint) and pale colors that hampered a OLED from LG Display on a Pixel 2 XL. Google has already begun to residence this with after builds — during least based on my knowledge of trade adult to a after Pixel 2 XL build.
Price / recover date:
- The 64GB Pixel 2 starts during $649 a Pixel 2 XL during $849 (64GB). Don’t design Google to wandering too distant from those numbers with a Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. Last year, new Pixels were announced in October.
Pixel Watch to go along with new Pixel phones?
- “Besides a Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, and second-gen Pixel Buds, a arguable source tells me…that Google’s tumble hardware eventuality will also deliver a Pixel-branded watch,” says creditable leaker Evan Blass.
*Smaller Pixel 3: no nick though smaller bezels than a over-sized ones on a Pixel 2.
**Google could always warn us with a 6.7-inch beast Pixel. Needless to say, we won’t know until Google announces.