Google Drive is a large cloud storage use that offers 15 GB of giveaway space across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. It also includes Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, where we can revise spreadsheets, forms, presentations, documents, etc. and save them in a cloud.
Google also has apps for these services opposite all vital platforms. You can crop by and perform all record associated operations on Google Drive files when we are connected to a internet. Most of a time we don’t even need desktop apps to work on your Google Drive files, there are many apps that we can connect to your Drive.
However, we can also view your Google Drive files offline. Hence, we can entrance your required information when we are in a section with no connectivity. Here, we have summarized a stairs we need to follow to make your files accessible for offline observation and editing.
How To View Google Drive Files Offline On a Computer?
To perspective Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides Drawings offline, we need to make them accessible for offline observation first, that will need an internet tie initially. Also, we will need to use Google Chrome to entrance this feature. Follow these elementary stairs on your PC:
- Sign in to Chrome regulating your Google account.
- Install a Google Docs Offline prolongation for Chrome.
- Go to drive.google.com/drive/settings.
- Check a box in a quarrel marked Offline.
- Now we can entrance a files by simply typing their couple on a residence bar of Chrome or keep them bookmarked for easy access.
To sync all your files from Google Drive with your computer, we need to implement Backup Sync for Mac or Windows from this link. After you’ve commissioned it:
- Sign in to a focus regulating your Google account.
- Choose a files we wish to backup in Drive. Uncheck all a folders if we don’t wish to sync any files from PC to your Drive.
- Choose a folders from MyDrive we wish for offline viewing.
By default, your files will be accessible in C:/Users/Admin/Google Drive, but we can change a plcae of files before backup.
To know some-more about subsidy adult your tough expostulate regulating Google’s Backup And Sync tool, we can read a minute post.
How To View Google Drive Files Offline On Android?
If we aren’t connected to a internet, we can still perspective and revise your docs, sheets, and slides. However, we have to open them from their particular Android apps: Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
To entrance files from Google Drive offline, we will have to be connected to a internet initially. Open your Google Drive app and navigate to a folder we wish to entrance offline.
- Tap a three-dot menu subsequent to a preferred file.
- Tap on a slider subsequent to Available Offline.
To perspective a offline files on your Android, go a particular Google app and daub Menu Offline.
How To View Google Drive Files Offline On iOS Devices?
You can perspective and revise Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides offline from their particular iOS apps: Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides. However, to entrance Google Drive Files offline, we need to be connected to a internet to set adult your files for offline access. Open a Google Drive app and go to a record we wish to entrance offline.
- Tap on a 3-dot menu subsequent to a file.
- Tap on a slider noted Available Offline.
To perspective a files offline, go to Google Drive, Sheets, Slides or Docs app, and daub on Menu Offline.
Did you find this essay on how to entrance Google expostulate files offline on your PC, Android or iOS device to be helpful? Share your views in a comments.