Google launched a initial developer preview of Android P back in Mar and during a I/O 2018, a hunt hulk published a initial open beta of a OS alongside a second developer preview.
Unlike before, Android P beta is no longer singular to Google Pixels. Thanks to Project Treble, it’s now probable for other non-Google users to suffer a beta chronicle of Android P on their inclination – and one such organisation is a one regulating a Essential Phone PH-1.
The Essential Phone is one of a few phones on a marketplace that run a purify chronicle of Android. Given that a association also ran a beta module for a phone’s Oreo update, it wasn’t such a huge warn to see it creation a cut on a list of non-Google inclination that are concordant with Android P beta. However, like other non-Google phones, removing onto a P bandwagon isn’t as candid as you’d expect, though we have your back!
How to implement Android P beta on Essential Phone
Before we implement Android P on your PH-1 phone, Essential warns that this is an unprepared product and that if we adore your phone as distant as daily texting, phone calls, browsing, and photography are concerned, we might wish to skip this one. Also, a fact that it’s a developer preview chronicle means that a association won’t be providing any consumer support for those who name to implement it. In short, if we run into any vital bug(s), we are on your own!
How to install:
With that out of a way, here’s what we need to do to get Android P beta on your Essential Phone.
- Log on to a central Essential developer preview page
- At a bottom of a page, name what you’d like to do, which, in this case, is to “Download and Flash a Android P Developer Preview”
- Fill a form as required, accept a terms and strike submit.
Once your sum are verified, we should be means to entrance a downloadable package that you’ll peep on your Essential Phone to implement Android P beta.
Once again, this is not a fast chronicle of Android P and is not fit for daily use. If we are a developer that wishes to exam your apps on a new OS, well, this is your play, otherwise, it’s improved to keep off, unless we are peaceful to understanding with a following issues:
- Dynamic calendar/clock is not working as designed
- 360 Camera appendage chronicle and sequence series do not arrangement in Android Settings
- Outgoing SMS over IP not working
- “System Gestures Swipe adult on home button” does not work, can use “Home settings” to enable/disable
- Wi-Fi Hotspot does not stay on
- Cannot accept VT (Video Telephony) calls
- Volume drops during audio playback after drumming on launcher shade with dongle attached
- VoLTE not working
- Quick environment appears in pinkish with dim wallpaper