Andy Rubin’s Essential Products done headlines with a Essential Phone (or PH-1), an all-titanium smartphone with modular accessories, twin cameras, and a particular cutout nearby a tip of a screen. The association done a few fumbles in a interim, though it isn’t giving adult anytime soon. A recent cost drop reinvigorated seductiveness in a Essential Phone, and we’re saying village support come to life for it.
On Tuesday, we talked about how XDA Recognized Developer invisiblek released unofficial bureau images for a Essential Phone. Now that there are liberation images to peep in box something goes wrong, we’re starting to see additional work from developers. Earlier today, XDA Senior Member bmg1001 put together a beam that shows how to base a Essential Phone regulating Magisk.
The routine requires an unbarred bootloader and a mechanism with a Android Debug Bridge (ADB) and Fastboot utilities installed. (If we haven’t used ADB or Fastboot before, we advise following a guide.) You can download a Essential-compatible version of TWRP from here (or the mirror here) and Magisk v14.3 from here. The beam also requires that we have a mutated chronicle of a boot.img (kernel) that matches your phone’s build series (NMJ32F – NMJ20D).
Once you’ve met a prerequisites, follow these stairs to base your phone:
- Reboot your Essential Phone into Fastboot mode by restarting a phone and dire and holding volume down and the power symbol at a same time. Once you’re in Fastboot mode, peep TWRP with a following ADB command: fastboot peep foot twrp.img
- From within a Fastboot menu, name and foot into “recovery mode.” Once TWRP has booted up, form in: adb bombard twrp sideload
- Then form in: adb sideload magisk.zip
- Once Magisk finishes installing completely, reboot behind to Fastboot. You can do this via: adb reboot-bootloader
- When you’re behind in Fastboot mode, squeeze a mutated boot.img (making certain to name a right one) and peep it via fastboot peep foot boot.img
- Now reboot! You should now have base around Magisk!
Check out this beam in a Essential Phone forum