Before we can start regulating your new Apple HomePod, you’ll need to set it adult regulating an iPhone or iPad that’s synced to an iCloud account.
During a setup process, HomePod will couple a iCloud comment to personal ask facilities accessed by a orator around Siri voice commands, such as a ability to send messages, set adult reminders, and get calendar notifications.
It will also couple a HomePod to any existent Apple Music subscription tied to that iCloud/iTunes user, so it’s value meditative delicately about that comment hilt in your domicile we wish to associate with a speaker.
For a HomePod setup routine to work you’ll need an iOS device regulating iOS 11.2.5 or later, so check your iPhone or iPad is adult to date. To do so, open a Settings app, daub General – About, and demeanour for a chronicle number. If we need to update, daub behind to Settings, name Software Update, and follow a onscreen instructions.
Enable iCloud Keychain and Two-Factor Authentication
To span HomePod with your selected iCloud comment you’ll also need to have iCloud Keychain and Two-Factor Authentication enabled. You can facilitate a a speaker’s setup routine by creation certain these functions are already activated. See a apart step-by-step guides for regulating iCloud Keychain and Two-Factor Authentication on your iPad and iPhone, and accommodate us behind here when you’ve enabled both.
Once you’ve unboxed a HomePod, place it on a fast prosaic aspect that’s about waist-height and tighten to a energy outlet. Don’t worry too most about where we put it in a room, as HomePod will boldly adjust a audio outlay by examining a environmental acoustics. Now block in a orator section regulating a granted energy wire and follow a instructions below.
Initial HomePod Setup Using an iPhone or iPad
You’re now prepared to start a account-linking setup procession for your new HomePod. The orator uses Apple’s exclusive W1 chip to promulgate with other Apple devices, so if you’ve ever connected a span of wireless AirPods to an iPhone or iPad afterwards you’re already in informed territory. Here are all a stairs we need to follow to set adult HomePod.
- Make certain your iPhone or iPad has Bluetooth incited on, and move it tighten to a speaker.
- Tap Set Up on a pairing label that appears on your iOS device’s screen.
- If we have HomeKit enabled and use mixed homes, you’ll be asked that one we wish HomePod to be compared with. Choose an choice from a list and daub Continue.
- Select that room of your home a HomePod is in and daub Continue.
- Select Enable Personal Requests to let Siri entrance your messages, reminders, and records whenever your iOS device is on a same Wi-Fi network, or daub Not now if you’d rather not extend this accede for remoteness reasons. You can adjust this environment later.
- Tap Continue on a “Siri on HomePod” card.
- Tap Agree to determine to Apple’s terms and conditions.
- Tap Transfer Settings to use your iCloud account, Wi-Fi, and other applicable settings on your iPhone or iPad to configure your HomePod. You can change them after in a Home app.
At this point, any existent Apple Music subscription will automatically be synced to HomePod, while users but a subscription will be offering a giveaway three-month trial.
Note that if a setup shade doesn’t seem automatically (step 2 above), open a Home app on your iOS device, daub a and (+) pitch in a top right of a screen, and afterwards daub Add Accessory. Lastly, daub “Don’t Have a Code or Can’t Scan?” and name HomePod in a “Nearby Accessories” list.