we adore a Pixel 2 XL. Love it. we had a blast regulating it, yet a phone wasn’t yet a problems. Mine crapped out recently, only wouldn’t spin on. we attempted charging it, nothing. Mostly expected culprit? The USB Type C port.
I initial beheld issues when perplexing to play song in my car; it only wouldn’t work. we switched a cables out, meditative it was a problem with a converter we get in a box with a phone, yet it didn’t work. Next came a pointless shut-downs. Then, it didn’t assign overnight.
The subsequent day, after about 6 months of use, a phone wouldn’t spin on, so we motionless to dirt off my Pixel 2 and use that instead. At first, it felt weird: a phone is smaller, weirdly proportioned with large tip and bottom bezels, and is, for wish of a improved word, kind of fugly.
I’ve been regulating it now, for about a month, and so distant we am really impressed. Battery life is about a same as a Pixel 2 XL, a camera is a same, during slightest in my opinion, and a software, bizarrely, seems to run a lot smoother, that is peculiar – they’re both Pixel inclination after all.
Or is it? They were done by opposite companies for Google (HTC and LG), so we think there is really some inconsistency in a phones’ altogether construction. Things we wouldn’t notice on a outside, yet things that competence make a difference. I’m a large Pixel advocate, yet a Pixel 2 runs a lot some-more uniformly than a Pixel 2 XL in my experience.
I used a Pixel XL for 12 months true yet issue. My partner now has that phone and it is still going strong. But my Pixel 2 XL is now out of movement for a foreseeable – and we did not design this. we figured I’d be regulating that phone for during slightest another six-to-seven months. But that didn’t happen, and now a small hermit is stepping adult and delivering a goods.
Why we Now Prefer The Pixel 2 To The Pixel 2 XL
- The display, yet not as rarely rated on paper, seems crook to me; colours demeanour better, some-more minute and sharp.
- The distance – I’ve used large phones for ages, so we am amatory how unstable a Pixel 2 is compared to a Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL.
- Battery Life – it’s simply as good as a Pixel 2 XL in my experience, a attainment expected achieved around a reduce fortitude display.
- The Price – If we were shopping a Pixel 2 today, it’d save me income as it is cheaper than a Pixel 2 XL. And, best of all, it delivers most a same opening in all pivotal areas.
- More Stable – The Pixel 2 XL incidentally rebooted ALL THE TIME. The Pixel 2 does not and feels a lot some-more stable. we have no thought because this would be a case, saying that they’re both Pixel phones, yet it is and that to me is really odd.
- A Working USB Type C Connector – My Pixel 2 XL USB Type C pier is DEAD. And yet a 3.5mm jack, this creates a phone unusable. The Pixel 2’s has hold up, however, so that scores it additional spirit points (for now).
If we asked me dual months ago that Pixel phone to go for, I’d have told we to get a Pixel 2 XL. In a heartbeat. But now, well… now I’d contend a Pixel 2. It’s cheaper, some-more stable, and has distant fewer problems than a somewhat aloft specced large brother.