Android 9 Pie launched dual months ago and is currently receiving a second update with a Oct confidence patch. A series of Google Pixel and Pixel 2 bugs are also addressed in this refurbish including one associated to quick charging and Android Auto.
There are 23 issues resolved in the October confidence patch dated 2018-10-01 and 3 for 2018-10-05. Vulnerabilities range from high to critical, with a many serious relating to a media horizon and a remote assailant possibly executing capricious formula by a crafted file.
As usual, Google notes that there are no reports of business being influenced by these confidence issues. The association cited in a 2017 year in examination of Android security that 30% some-more inclination are removing rags compared to a before year.
Meanwhile, the dedicated bulletin for Google’s phones and tablets lists no confidence fixes, though 4 organic updates. The patch addresses a fast charging issue on a strange Pixel devices, while a Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL advantage from softened Android Auto stability. Meanwhile, all inclination will get “Modified Call Screening function when regulating Maps Navigation.”
- Pixel 2 XL: Android 9.0 — PPR2.181005.003 — Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 2: Android 9.0 — PPR2.181005.003 — Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel XL: Android 9.0 — PPR2.181005.003, PPR1.181005.003 (Telus) — Factory Image (2) — OTA (2)
- Pixel: Android 9.0 — PPR2.181005.003, PPR1.181005.003 (Telus) — Factory Image (2) — OTA (2)
- Pixel C: Android 8.1 —OPM8.181005.003 — Factory Image — OTA
- Nexus 6P: Android 8.1 —OPM7.181005.003 — Factory Image — OTA
- Nexus 5X: Android 8.1 —OPM7.181005.003 — Factory Image — OTA