In this week’s tip stories: A hands-on comparison between a new Huawei MateBook X Pro and a MacBook Pro, all we know about a iPhone X Plus, Apple’s skeleton to reconstruct Apple Maps, and more. Read on for all of this week’s biggest stories…
Sylvania HomeKit Light Strip
Apple kicked off a week by releasing a initial open beta of iOS 12. This recover comes after dual releases that were disdainful to developers and allows anyone to try out a latest iOS facilities forward of iOS 12’s ubiquitous recover this fall. Apple also expelled a first open betas of tvOS 12, as good macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Bloomberg reported on Monday that Apple has large plans for a audio accessories in a entrance year. The association is pronounced to have a ‘pro’ chronicle of AirPods designed for 2019 with improved noise-cancellation and water-resistance. Furthermore, Apple’s over-ear wireless headphones are also pronounced to be entrance subsequent year, as will a second-generation HomePod.
On Friday, a report minute Apple’s skeleton to rebuild Apple Maps from a belligerent up. Eddy Cue explained that Apple has done a “huge investment” in a height and is now focused on “building a best map app in a world” regulating a possess first-party mapping data, as against to bringing in information from a use like TomTom.
Last though not least, reliable supply sequence researcher Ming-Chi Kuo was out with a new financier note this week charity some additional sum on Apple’s arriving products. He remarkable that a 6.1-inch LCD iPhone will expected be labelled between $600 and $700, and that Apple has a new Apple Watch in a works for this year, as good as iPad Pro models with Face ID.
These and a rest of this week’s tip stories below…
iOS | macOS | tvOS | watchOS |
- Apple rebuilding Maps in large overhaul, initial formula appearing in subsequent iOS 12 beta
- Apple releases initial iOS 12 open beta for iPhone and iPad
- First macOS Mojave 10.14 open beta now accessible for Mac users
- First tvOS 12 open beta for Apple TV now available
Mac + iPad |
- Satirical square on MacBook Pro keyboard is a funniest thing you’ll read today
- Beautiful iPad Pro judgment imagines slim bezels and dull display, Face ID and ‘iPhone app’ multitasking
- 5 favorite MacBook Pro accessories for power users
- Kuo sum ‘Face ID iPad Pros, cheaper MacBook Air coming
- Zagg unveils dual new iPad keyboard solutions with Apple Pencil storage
- Roundup: Everything we know so distant about a iPhone X Plus
- Kuo sum ‘notch’ LCD and 2019 iPhone expectations
- You can now use Alexa voice control directly on your iOS device
- iTunes Remote updated for iPhone X, new idol and design
Apple Watch |
- Want to leave your iPhone behind with Apple Watch? Check out these apps
- Kuo sum redesigned Apple Watch coming
- Bloomberg: Premium AirPods, next-gen HomePod and new over-ear Apple headphones entrance in 2019
- Review: Sonos Beam is a ideal intelligent soundbar for bedrooms and apartments
AAPL Company |
- Apple’s Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre strike with $25 million check for Beats headphones royalties
- Samsung and Apple finally determine on a cost of Galaxy phones ripping off a iPhone years ago
- Apple celebrates Pride Day as Tim Cook, other execs join San Francisco Pride Parade
- Report: Apple mulling all-in-one media subscription plan, mixing Apple Music, TV shows and magazines
- Tim Cook defends argumentative concentration on amicable issues, says Apple sticks to ‘policy not politics’
Subscribe to 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel for some-more videos.
This week’s tip video |
- Compared: Huawei MateBook X Pro vs MacBook Pro – should Apple fans be jealous?
- How to implement a iOS 12 open beta on your authorised iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- 5 favorite macOS Mojave features [Video]
Happy Hour Podcast #179 |
This week Benjamin and Zac speak about a risks and advantages of iOS 12 and macOS Mojave open betas, 9to5Mac’s Sonos Beam intelligent soundbar review, AirPlay 2 speakers, Apple’s warn MacBook and MacBook Pro keyboard correct program, rumors about new AirPods and over-ear headphones from Apple, a probable reason for AirPower not rising yet, Ming-Chi Kuo’s latest predictions, and a finish of a Apple Watch Modern Buckle.
9to5Mac Daily |
Listen to a summation of a tip stories of a day from 9to5Mac. 9to5Mac Daily is accessible on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play, or by a dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
- 9to5Mac Daily: Jun 25, 2018
- 9to5Mac Daily: Jun 26, 2018
- 9to5Mac Daily: Jun 27, 2018
- 9to5Mac Daily: Jun 28, 2018
- 9to5Mac Daily: Jun 29, 2018
Making The Grade |
Making The Grade is a weekly array from Bradley Chambers covering Apple in education. Bradley has been handling Apple inclination in an preparation sourroundings given 2009. Through his knowledge deploying and handling 100s of Macs and 100s of iPads, Bradley will prominence ways in that Apple’s products work during scale, stories from a trenches of IT management, and ways Apple could urge a products for students.
- Making The Grade: Apple’s biggest mistake in K-12 happened in 2006
- Making The Grade: Clever solves a temperament government problem for K-12
- Making The Grade: Does your deployment need physical keyboards?
- Making The Grade: Criteria for picking a best iPad apps
- Making The Grade: Which box do we suggest for iPad deployments?
Subscribe to get all 9to5Mac’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around a web.
Featured in tip image: Dell 38-inch UltraSharp Curved Monitors, Grovemade’s Desk Shelf System, Nixie Tube Clock, Apogee Quartet, KRK VXT6 Studio Monitor speakers, Classicbot Classic Vintage Mac Toy. Read about a setup over on 9to5Toys as partial of a ‘Behind a Screens’ series.