Some of a many sparkling new facilities on Google’s Pixel 3 and 3 XL smartphones are their new camera features, such as Night Sight (more accurate color- and lighting-enhancements for dim photos) and Top Shot, that helps collect a best print among a detonate of shots you’ve taken.
While Google had formerly reliable that a series of Pixel 3 camera facilities will also strike comparison Pixel phones, because wait? Thanks to XDA developer cstark27’s new app, we can get some of these to-be-released facilities for your Pixel 3 and Pixel 2 smartphones right now.
How to download and implement a CameraP3 app
Start by creation certain your phone is configured to implement apps downloaded from your web browser—in a case, Chrome. You can do this by drumming and holding on your browser app’s idol until we see a dialog box cocktail out. Tap a “Information icon” (it looks like an “i” inside a circle) to open a app’s settings.
Scroll down and daub Advanced Settings, locate and daub a choice Install Unknown apps, and afterwards spin a “Allow from source” choice on if it isn’t already. After that, we can tighten a settings menu and start a download.
- In your device’s web browser, open CameraP3’s download page, and afterwards corkscrew down and daub to download a file.
- If you’re regulating Chrome, you’ll get a popup seeking to download a record named “P3v5_GoogleCamera_6.1.013.apk.” Tap “OK” to start a download.
- The download should usually take a moment. Once it finishes, daub “open” if you’re regulating Chrome. You can also open a notifications add-on and open a record by drumming a “download complete” notification. The third choice is to open your phone’s download folder and open P3v5_GoogleCamera_6.1.013.apk from there.
- Once we start installing a app, if it says that we aren’t authorised to implement APKs from this source, daub a “settings” choice on a popup and name “allow from source” in a new window. However, if we followed a stairs to concede app designation from your web app this shouldn’t be an issue.
- The initial time we open a app, you’ll have to give it permissions to take photos and record video; record audio regulating your phone’s mic; entrance photos and media files/folders, and entrance plcae data.
Using a new camera facilities in CameraP3
CameraP3’s idol looks matching to a default Android camera app. Don’t get fooled.
You’ll notice CameraP3’s interface looks identical to a default camera app as well, yet with some new menus and icons on-screen. Here’s where to find all a several new settings and features.
- To find a Photosphere, Slow Motion, Photo Booth, AR Stickers, and Night Sight features, go to “More” on a mode slider and daub a underline we wish to open.
- If your smartphone notices you’re in a dim environment, it’ll also trigger a cocktail adult that asks either we wish to capacitate Night Sight (though, confusingly, a app refers to it as “Night Mode”).
- You can change HDR+ tuning and lens resolution, capacitate Google Lens suggestions, set gesticulate controls, and some-more by drumming Settings in a “More” tab
- Turn on HDR+ by drumming a HDR+ idol in a center-left of a app’s window when on a “Camera” mode
- In “Camera” mode, we can also change suit mode settings by drumming a core idol during a tip of a screen, afterwards selecting a mode we wish (off, on, or auto).
- In a “Portrait” mode, we can barter between face retouching presets by drumming a icons on tip of a app window